17 Jul How to Clear Browser History
Why do we want to clear browser history? Web pages keep the old files to make the webpages load faster. Since, we want to see updated text or pictures on our website, we should clear browser history to see the new updates applied.
- Click the menu button , choose , and then .
- Select how much history you want to clear:
- Click the drop-down menu next to Time range to clear to choose how much of your history Firefox will clear.
- Next, click the arrow next to Details to select exactly what information will get cleared. Your choices are described in the What things are included in my history? section above.
- Finally, click the button. The window will close and the items you’ve selected will be cleared.
- Open Internet Explorer.
- IE 8: From the Tools menu choose Internet Options.
IE 9: In the upper right corner, click the small gear icon (to the right of the star icon) and choose Internet Options
- On the General tab, under Browsing history, click Delete.
- Un-check the Preserve Favorites website data box.
- Check the Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History boxes.
- The Form data, Passwords, and inPrivate Filtering data boxes may be left un-checked. You can check them to delete this data if you so choose.
- Click Delete.
- When finished, click OK to return to your Internet Explorer window.
- Close the Internet Explorer window and reopen.